ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Hmm...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:12 pm    Post subject: Hmm... Reply with quote

You know what? I'm really not as hyped for Sigma as I originally was when it was first announced. I started playing NGB again, and while the game is fun, it's starting to show it's age. The things I was able to look past and forget now glare at me straight in the face and are distracting to the point to where I can only play the game in about 30 minute bursts.

This got me to thinking about Sigma, sure, the game is going to have some new mechanics involved but it's still basically going to be the same game I've been playing for the past 3 years. I'm starting to look at NG as if it was SFII.

NG-SFII
NGB-SF II Championship Edition
NGS-Super Street Fighter II

Sure, there were tweaks and such made to each of these game to make them feel different and they added new things and such but they still pretty much played the same. I'm sure NGS will be great, but does it justify $500 ($600 for you unlucky ones) to experience an already experienced game? I'm starting to lean towards "No" more and more these days. Matter of fact, I'm probably going to completely forget about NGS once I hear some NG2 details which should be happening here pretty soon.

Then again, I'm weird. I may say I have forgotten about a game but when it comes down to the countdown (A week or so before the game releases) my hype usually comes back with a vengence and I simply MUST play the game no matter what. I don't think that's going to happen this time but then again you never know...
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: XNinjaRed

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm a bit of a collector so yes I am gonna buy NGS and therefore yes I am gonna buy a PS3 (I wanna get Devil May Cry 4 anyway)...
And a game just CAN'T feel old to me... No really, I am still playing Resident Evil 2, Sonic Advance, Heck even the Sega Genesis game Vectorman as of this day! Of course Ninja Gaiden will fall into that Catagory after a while.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Silencer15
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

Gamertag: REmakePRO15

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided a couple of weeks ago that I'm not going to buy a PS3 this year. I figured I wouldn't have enough money to buy other things I wanted to buy that are coming out this year and a PS3.(considering I don't have a job)

I'm still looking forward to NGS, but not as much as I was a month ago, maybe when I get a job I'll buy a PS3.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silencer15 wrote:
I decided a couple of weeks ago that I'm not going to buy a PS3 this year. I figured I wouldn't have enough money to buy other things I wanted to buy that are coming out this year and a PS3.(considering I don't have a job)

I'm still looking forward to NGS, but not as much as I was a month ago, maybe when I get a job I'll buy a PS3.

Pretty much the same boat I'm in but I do have a job. It's not that I can't afford a PS3, it's the fact that Sony is only shipping 100k of the version I want. Thus, I probably won't be getting a PS3 until fall of next year at the earliest.

When Sigma was first announced I would've seriously went out and bought a PS3 that day if it was available, but now that I think about it, it's going to take a lot more than Sigma to warrant a purchase of a PS3. My expectations for Sigma have seriously dropped as well since Sigma isn't really one of Itagaki's projects. I just can't help but wonder if this AI guy can deliver.

Last edited by sabotage on Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ninja of Sorrow
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Location: In the forests taking a nap...*has a shuriken ready for Eternal Rapture*...
Gamertag: Ninja of Sorrow
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same as what XNinjaRed said.

i hate the whole pricing. and i just want to enjoy the game.

when it comes to NG, i will buy the most complete version of it. which is why i want NGS.

i want everything to come in my game.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone was to hold NGS in one hand, and NG2 in the other. I'm going for NG2. I'll rip the person's arm off to get it as well.

NGS will be good, no doubt about that. But it's still the same ol' game I've already played before. Twice.
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Location: In the forests taking a nap...*has a shuriken ready for Eternal Rapture*...
Gamertag: Ninja of Sorrow
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabotage wrote:
If someone was to hold NGS in one hand, and NG2 in the other. I'm going for NG2. I'll rip the person's arm off to get it as well.

NGS will be good, no doubt about that. But it's still the same ol' game I've already played before. Twice.

why go for one? why not both? Twisted Evil

but i do agree, if it was NG2 or NGS, i'd go with NG2.
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exatly the way I was thinking Sabo
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we all agree on this.

Now let's wait for Ninja of Chaos to jump in here and start cutting heads Laughing

Sig made by SS-Asterisk.
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja Gaiden 2 will be, IMO, one of the flagship titles for 360. Still, I'm going to play Sigma as well. But even if they say it is a complete version of Black with lots of neat and new stuff, the core is still the same.

But then again, never change a winning formula.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: