ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

To put things into perspective
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CoolBlackKnight
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For most games tho, it won't matter, IMO.

Ninja Of Chaos
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Location: In your imagination......yup, you are having visions of me.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoolBlackKnight wrote:
For most games tho, it won't matter, IMO.

Well, it depends. If they do become fully established on the PS3, then the 360 will have something holding it back. But then again, the 360 is only planned for a 4-5 year life cycle compared to the 10-year life cycle Sony wants for the PS3 (and it shows they want that. They have pretty much made the machine future proof).
CoolBlackKnight
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So true. . . Well, have a good one Ninja.

I'm out for today, bro.

Peace.

Lonewolf
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja Of Chaos wrote:
Fenix Phire wrote:
The 360 is uncomparably better than the PS3. Everything we've seen on PS3, scripted.

LMAO you just flipped the whole thing. Every effect, every physical object, EVERYTHING on the 360 so far has been scripted or with predictated branch paths...why? Because the 360 can't handle random calculations. It cannot handle the density of randomly generated operations because it does not have a fast enough CPU...and even the CPU it has, is locked in a predicated pathway.

Now that is great and all for beginners, but for devs like Team NINJA, that is very limiting...and NGS shows it.

Oblivion isnt locked in predicted pathways. DOA 4 isnt locked in predicted path ways. Saints Row isnt locked in predicted pathways. Call of Duty 2 kinda is.

I lost all my saves with 30m in mm DAMNIT!!!
Ninja Of Chaos
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lonewolf wrote:
Ninja Of Chaos wrote:
Fenix Phire wrote:
The 360 is uncomparably better than the PS3. Everything we've seen on PS3, scripted.

LMAO you just flipped the whole thing. Every effect, every physical object, EVERYTHING on the 360 so far has been scripted or with predictated branch paths...why? Because the 360 can't handle random calculations. It cannot handle the density of randomly generated operations because it does not have a fast enough CPU...and even the CPU it has, is locked in a predicated pathway.

Now that is great and all for beginners, but for devs like Team NINJA, that is very limiting...and NGS shows it.

Oblivion isnt locked in predicted pathways. DOA 4 isnt locked in predicted path ways. Saints Row isnt locked in predicted pathways. Call of Duty 2 kinda is.

Their physics are bright guy. Rolling Eyes
Lonewolf
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja Of Chaos wrote:
Lonewolf wrote:
Ninja Of Chaos wrote:
Fenix Phire wrote:

Physics are on what????????

Their physics are bright guy. Rolling Eyes

I lost all my saves with 30m in mm DAMNIT!!!
Ninjilla
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see how Havok could really be... non random. DOA4 and those other games of course.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninjilla wrote:
I dont see how Havok could really be... non random. DOA4 and those other games of course.

DOA4 uses no such thing as havok. Confused
Ninja of Sorrow
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Location: In the forests taking a nap...*has a shuriken ready for Eternal Rapture*...
Gamertag: Ninja of Sorrow
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahem

*cough* back to NGS please*cough*
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja Of Chaos wrote:
Ninjilla wrote:

DOA4 uses no such thing as havok. Confused

Never said it did. I was poitning out how it used a non random physics system. I ment DOA4 and other such games of course have a fixed physics system. All fighing games do Im sure. Imagine a Havok fighting game tho... Twisted Evil
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Critical sideFX

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Havok physics engine sucks. Keep that sh*t away from my action games and fighters.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabotage wrote:
Havok physics engine sucks. Keep that sh*t away from my action games and fighters.

Indeed.

To Ninjilla...by definition, physics are considered a reaction to a cause that has been ignited by a spark (usually considered the starter). So, what separates 360-level physics to PS3-level physics, is the amount of branching you can do at once.

See, the 360 has 3 main uni-function cores. Meaning that you have 3 main threads and 3 casual threads that you can apply, but they have branch prediction. The SPE's of the cell are completly free-form and open. They have no branch prediction so it's up to the dev to define the parameters of each cycle being "simulated". They also are not confined to doing the same thing every cycle like on the 360 (or you have huge latencies) because there is no prediction expected out of them.

As a plus, these SPEs happen to be blazing fast. Heart
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Gets down on knees*

PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE

Back on topic.
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja Of Chaos wrote:
sabotage wrote:

Indeed.

To Ninjilla...by definition, physics are considered a reaction to a cause that has been ignited by a spark (usually considered the starter). So, what separates 360-level physics to PS3-level physics, is the amount of branching you can do at once.

See, the 360 has 3 main uni-function cores. Meaning that you have 3 main threads and 3 casual threads that you can apply, but they have branch prediction. The SPE's of the cell are completly free-form and open. They have no branch prediction so it's up to the dev to define the parameters of each cycle being "simulated". They also are not confined to doing the same thing every cycle like on the 360 (or you have huge latencies) because there is no prediction expected out of them.

This seems like so much bovine crap. There are soooo much more factors involved in rendering a game and unless you prove to be a PS3 core programmer, I will have to go by the following statement:

I HAVEN'T PLAYED A PS3, YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED A PS3, in fact NONE OF US HAVE PLAYED A PS3 and therefore NONE OF US ARE IN A POSITION TO SAY PS3 IS BETTER/WORSE. Time will tell.
Ninja Of Chaos
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bodaaf wrote:
Ninja Of Chaos wrote:
sabotage wrote:

Indeed.

This seems like so much bovine crap. There are soooo much more factors involved in rendering a game and unless you prove to be a PS3 core programmer, I will have to go by the following statement:

I HAVEN'T PLAYED A PS3, YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED A PS3, in fact NONE OF US HAVE PLAYED A PS3 and therefore NONE OF US ARE IN A POSITION TO SAY PS3 IS BETTER/WORSE. Time will tell.

There is such a thing called knowledge...try and get some. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: