ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

1 thing that HAS to be changed for Sigma...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Fatman67
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja


Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 238
Location: Altenheim, France
Gamertag: no XBL
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja Of Chaos wrote:
Fatman67 wrote:
I agree with NoS and Sabo, Halo gave me the most astonishing game experience ever (after NG of course Razz )
I love HL2 as well, but I wasn't as impressed as with Halo, and for the gravity gun, there was sooooo much teasing about it that it was almost an overdose as Halo was truly unexpected, and CoD IMO really sucks, it's so scripted and always the same, "you take a cover, shoot, reload" and CoD2 is just ugly, I really don't see what's so good about it, I think halo is more beautiful than CoD(2).
And the auto-aim is actually what made halo so enjoyable to play, and it wasn't helping you too much since you need to be near enough from an ennemy to have the aim help, so sniping still needed precision.
And the physic effects were awesome, no game was that accurate.
HL1 actually had an A.I.? Laughing I played it a lot and there is no way it has an A.I. comparable to halo's, it's damn scripted and ennemies only step forwards or backwards while shooting at you, they never take a cover, just active the god mode and you will see, and the the best A.I. I saw in HL were the ninja women in black suit, but you see like 6 of them through the whole game lol.
And Halo has co-op, and there is no other game that has a so damn exciting co-op mode.
There is many other things that make Halo superior to all the FPS's that were cited.


Supperior to Half-Life 2? In what...graphics? characters? enemies? AI? Physics? Story? Weapons? Diversity? Multi-player (CSS)? Mods? WHAT? HL2 pretty much grinds Halo to the ground on every single level. Just putting the two in the same sentence is a disgrace to Valve. Rolling Eyes

BTW, where did you play HL2?


I probably would have prefered HL2 to Halo if there hasn't been that 3 years long teasing, always showing special / physics effects and stuff. HL2 may be superior now for someone that hasn't played any of them, but a love a game for the experience it provided me not the fun on the moment I play (that's why almost every EA's games suck so badly). When I finished HL2 I simply didn't see any purpose in playing through it again, but it's all different with Halo. And the MP was just great with halo with the shields and the customisable settings. Getting killed in 1 shot by a sniper that is 2Kms away on the map is just not my cup of tea lol (if you assumme that CS:S is HL2's MP.).

And I played HL2 on my house's comp Razz why do you ask that?
_________________
sabotage wrote:
Papickett stole my wood. I lost it this morning. Bastiche give it back.
Papickett wrote:
It's my wood!


Last edited by Fatman67 on Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ninja Of Chaos
Head Ninja
Head Ninja


Joined: 22 Sep 2005
Posts: 1392
Location: In your imagination......yup, you are having visions of me.


PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When is that interview with Itagaki and the director of NGS gonna go up on 1up? Rolling Eyes

Didn't they say this weekend?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ninja Of Chaos
Head Ninja
Head Ninja


Joined: 22 Sep 2005
Posts: 1392
Location: In your imagination......yup, you are having visions of me.


PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fatman67 wrote:
Ninja Of Chaos wrote:
Fatman67 wrote:
I agree with NoS and Sabo, Halo gave me the most astonishing game experience ever (after NG of course Razz )
I love HL2 as well, but I wasn't as impressed as with Halo, and for the gravity gun, there was sooooo much teasing about it that it was almost an overdose as Halo was truly unexpected, and CoD IMO really sucks, it's so scripted and always the same, "you take a cover, shoot, reload" and CoD2 is just ugly, I really don't see what's so good about it, I think halo is more beautiful than CoD(2).
And the auto-aim is actually what made halo so enjoyable to play, and it wasn't helping you too much since you need to be near enough from an ennemy to have the aim help, so sniping still needed precision.
And the physic effects were awesome, no game was that accurate.
HL1 actually had an A.I.? Laughing I played it a lot and there is no way it has an A.I. comparable to halo's, it's damn scripted and ennemies only step forwards or backwards while shooting at you, they never take a cover, just active the god mode and you will see, and the the best A.I. I saw in HL were the ninja women in black suit, but you see like 6 of them through the whole game lol.
And Halo has co-op, and there is no other game that has a so damn exciting co-op mode.
There is many other things that make Halo superior to all the FPS's that were cited.


Supperior to Half-Life 2? In what...graphics? characters? enemies? AI? Physics? Story? Weapons? Diversity? Multi-player (CSS)? Mods? WHAT? HL2 pretty much grinds Halo to the ground on every single level. Just putting the two in the same sentence is a disgrace to Valve. Rolling Eyes

BTW, where did you play HL2?


I probably would have prefered HL2 to Halo if there hasn't been that 3 years long teasing, always showing special / physics effects and stuff. HL2 may be superior now for someone that hasn't played any of them, but a love a game for the experience it provided me not the fun on the moment I play (that's why almost every EA's games suck so badly). When I finished HL2 I simply didn't see any purpose in play through it again, but it's all different with Halo. And the MP was just great with halo with the shields and the customisable settings. Getting killed in 1 shot by a sniper that is 2Kms away on the map is just not my cup of tea lol (if you assumme that CS:S is HL2's MP.).

And I played HL2 on my house's comp Razz why do you ask that?


HL2 has less replay value then Halo? What are you talking about? In HL2 you can toy around with the physics and see how bodies/enemies react all day long, and never get bored. Halo had nothing...it was just a linear, run-and-gun FPS. Where did it's replay value come from? The generic story? The dull characters? The annoyingly stupid enemies? Or from some of the worst level design in the history of gaming? Confused

Halo was nothing when it released, and is even less now. The game is just heavily overrated by many for some reason.

I asked that because some people tend to think they can form an opinion on HL2 after playing it only on the Xbox.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fatman67
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja


Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 238
Location: Altenheim, France
Gamertag: no XBL
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you still say that halo is nothing compared to HL2, but it seems you're the only one thinking that on these forums <.<
And no, toyings with the physics isn't that funny, I prefer play halo in co-op mode again than grabing a brick and throw it on a wall lol.
_________________
sabotage wrote:
Papickett stole my wood. I lost it this morning. Bastiche give it back.
Papickett wrote:
It's my wood!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ninja Of Chaos
Head Ninja
Head Ninja


Joined: 22 Sep 2005
Posts: 1392
Location: In your imagination......yup, you are having visions of me.


PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fatman67 wrote:
Well you still say that halo is nothing compared to HL2, but it seems you're the only one thinking that on these forums <.<
And no, toyings with the physics isn't that funny, I prefer play halo in co-op mode again than grabing a brick and throw it on a wall lol.


That's because this board is full of console fanies...go anywhere else (try systemwars.com) and you will see the response. Halo is laughable at best.

Co-op = same thing as the main game but with a friend. Playing with physics gives you unlimited ways of killing enemies.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fatman67
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja


Joined: 05 Apr 2006
Posts: 238
Location: Altenheim, France
Gamertag: no XBL
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja Of Chaos wrote:
Fatman67 wrote:
Well you still say that halo is nothing compared to HL2, but it seems you're the only one thinking that on these forums <.<
And no, toyings with the physics isn't that funny, I prefer play halo in co-op mode again than grabing a brick and throw it on a wall lol.


That's because this board is full of console fanies...go anywhere else (try systemwars.com) and you will see the response. Halo is laughable at best.

Co-op = same thing as the main game but with a friend. Playing with physics gives you unlimited ways of killing enemies.


Uh? Co-op is way deeper and funnier than a gravity gun, there isn't that much stuff you can throw with it, and when you have an overpowered shotgun I don't see the point in using it a lot (except in the 1st part of Ravenholm).

Ninja of chaos wrote:
That's because this board is full of console fanies

That actually made me laugh. Am I the only one who see the irony in it? Laughing
_________________
sabotage wrote:
Papickett stole my wood. I lost it this morning. Bastiche give it back.
Papickett wrote:
It's my wood!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 11145
Location: The Netherlands

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja Of Chaos wrote:
When is that interview with Itagaki and the director of NGS gonna go up on 1up? Rolling Eyes

Didn't they say this weekend?


Indeed, that's what you posted. Maybe it got delayed.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Bigalski
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja


Joined: 14 Aug 2005
Posts: 427
Location: Houston, TX
Gamertag: Bigalski
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. When I read the topic and saw 10 pages I thought there was going to be plenty of ideas for changes. Boy was I wrong. Confused

3.5 pages of ET/UT changes and the rest of it, nothing about the topic. You gotta love NF. Razz Razz

I figured since we are off topic, I'll add my off topic post as well. Wink
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 11145
Location: The Netherlands

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest we go back to the topic now. This gone on long enough. I'll delete all offtopic posts from now on.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Edge AoM
Head Ninja
Head Ninja


Joined: 04 Sep 2005
Posts: 1321
Location: Glasgow, Scotland


PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played Halo 1, loved it, tried it on Heroic and died horribly. Mean to go back to it some day. I played Halo 2, found it frustrating and unfinished, don't intend to go back to it ever again.

On topic, I think UT's should maybe be like speed kills from PoP or something, but should retain their invulnerability frames.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 11145
Location: The Netherlands

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the use then? IMO that would ruin the entire speedkillsystem you describe here. You will be nigh invulnerable.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Edge AoM
Head Ninja
Head Ninja


Joined: 04 Sep 2005
Posts: 1321
Location: Glasgow, Scotland


PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean that you charge essence, release the move, then have to time certain button presses to pull off the full move. Imagine the annoyance of UT'ing something 9/10ths of the way there only to get owned by a Shadow Imp you didn't see.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 11145
Location: The Netherlands

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ok. I like that idea, now that you explained it. And, of course, different for each weapon.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Ninja of Sorrow
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja


Joined: 09 Feb 2006
Posts: 2608
Location: In the forests taking a nap...*has a shuriken ready for Eternal Rapture*...
Gamertag: Ninja of Sorrow
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i remember posting on page 8 we should go back to topic anyways! Laughing

well, i think the HP1 system is the best for the karma runners here. no more UTs please.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 11145
Location: The Netherlands

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja of Sorrow wrote:
i remember posting on page 8 we should go back to topic anyways! Laughing

well, i think the HP1 system is the best for the karma runners here. no more UTs please.


UT's should remain. Where else do I get my precious yellow essence.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden ∑ Sigma All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group