ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Poll: 6-2 or The Core on VH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden / Hurricane Packs / Black
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which would you say is harder/better: the core(on VH) or act 6-2 of NG(nes)
6-2 (NES NG)
72%
 72%  [ 8 ]
The Core (VH)
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

Illmatic
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Poll: 6-2 or The Core on VH Reply with quote

Incase you don't know...

6-2 is part of the last level of NG(nes), and is insanely more difficult than the rest of the game. Throwing everything at you, from eagles, to turret guns, to shrukien dropping ninjas with jetpacks. To put this in perspective, I can make it to 6-2 in 10 minutes and only losing a few lives. However this stage can take a good 20-30 minutes. Oh and with the xbox controller I can't do it at all.

The core on VH is truly a test of your NG skills. Basically 4 stages of hell. If you hate closed spaces, have fun with three dragon fiends at a time for two floors. If you can't deal with enemies with different speeds, floor 3 won't be kind to you. Oh and you thought crab fiends were bad before? well now they can grab you and send you down to the previous floor. Floors 3 and 4 should illustrate what I'm talking about.

I would have to choose 6-2, because after getting through this level, nothing in videogames(Post NES) ever seems frustrating, it is probably why I could get through this game calmly.
Mega Metall
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Act 6-2. I still haven't beaten it...
PsYcHOSIS
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the only part i hate doing is after those jetpack guys and going up the ladder

the only way i can do that jump with that guy throwing stuff at you is to use ninpo.....then there is that part where that guy comes out of nowhere and knocks you off lol

then after you go up to the boss it takes away your ninpo so it is like dying making you restart the whole damn stage
Illmatic
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Psychosis, yeah the way I do that jump is stand near the edge of the ledge (but not to far) and the guy throwing stuff should take himself off the screen. The go up to the edge, duck so the eagle flys over you and complete that room.

As for the boss. I beat this game for the first time (after 12 years) this week, and I think the only way to defeat the jaquio is to lose to him once, make it all the way back, and use the Jump/slash glitch on him.

You just have to be able to make it through 6-3 without dying...
PsYcHOSIS
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah thats the way i did the boss

that guy throwing stuff i use that jumping ninpo what you use on the jet pack guys
Daemon_Maior
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never even managed to get to act 4 in the NES NG(not that I really tried) but the core is pretty easy, IMO it's too short.
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definately found the last level of Ninja Gaiden (nes) harder. I get to the last level in maybe 40 mins but Ive never been able to kill the last boss. And all you get is one try before your sent back, so its difficult. Whats this glitch you speak of? Easy to do? Id like to finish the game.
Illmatic
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok this glitch is a godsend for Ninja Gaiden bosses which can be done on any level except level 3. (IMO, it puts the UF to shame, big time)

You know that spin-slash power up, the one where ryu will flip/slash if you press B in the air. Have you ever tried this on a boss? Guess what, since the bosses can take more than 1 hit, this will contiuously hurt them until you touch the ground. Any boss can easily be defeated in one hit using this glitch.

The tricky part is keeping this weapon, and not running out of ninpo before the boss. For Jaquio, what you need to do is get to 6-3, get all of the power ups in the first room while losing minimal health (0-4) dots. Oh and alaways get the spin-slash last (In the bottom right corner).

The second room is the most difficult, you must get through this room without taking much damage or using the technique and wasting ninpo (1-2 slashes is ok). There is one very tricky jump in this room, I don't remember it perfectly but there are two ledges in mid air, which you must get by, having the jump/slash makes this extremely difficult. Proceed to get the stop-timer, and book it as fast as you can to the last room.

The only thing you need to do for the last room, is get to Jaquio with a comfortable amount of health and at least 5 ninpo(1 slash). When you get to him, take your time and make a good connecting jump/slash, he can be killed in one hit. The last boss is pretty easy so you should be able to beat the game.
Walking Beast
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great information. ThanX! I guess Ill give it another try soon and see if I can pull it off. I actually knew about that spin slash move and how it would kill the last bosses REALLY fast. I didnt realize it was a glitch, but it is overly powerful. I had seen that method used in a video. My problem was always getting the thing to the boss! Ill have to give it another try. A few questions. If you beat one of the bosses does that boss stay beaten when you get back to the end again? NG2 did that and therefore I was able to beat it much easier. Also the game didnt start you way back. Other question is, do you use the same life bar for all three bosses? Or does it replenish after each fight? ThanX again!

PS: How do I get threads to show that have been replied to? As it is now, I have to find them manually.
Illmatic
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok for the final bosses, Once you beat one that one is dead forever (Like NGII). However, your health will only replenish after you beat a boss, but your ninpo will be lost too. And when you make it back your health will stay the same but you'll have your ninpo.

This means once you beat the masked devil your health will be full for Jaquio, but you won't have any ninpo (meaning the jump/slash thing is useless for the first boss).

So my stradegy was beat the first boss, lose to jaquio because he is impossible, make it all the way back but this time keep the jump/slash thing, beat jaquio in 1 hit. Then you will have full health for the final boss.
PsYcHOSIS
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that ninpo thats shoots fire upward will do the job too but gotta aim good and not waste them
Walking Beast
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appreciate the feedback! ThanX. Ill have to try it again and see what I can do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden / Hurricane Packs / Black All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: