ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Xbox 360 Prices
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which package are you getting
Premium package
77%
 77%  [ 7 ]
Basic package
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not getting it or waiting awhile
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

Author Message
Lee Woo Jin
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja


Joined: 24 Aug 2005
Posts: 906
Location: NY


PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still dont buy it. Don't care who says it, where its printed. MS is not gonna lose money. A buncha silicon chips costs $360 to produce? Not likely. Prolly paying some Malaysian $0.47 cents an hour to put the chips together.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 11145
Location: The Netherlands

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, you're right about that. But what would you do if you were the head chief of a big company?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Daemon_Maior
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja


Joined: 12 Aug 2005
Posts: 2820
Location: The Abyssal Throne of darkness


PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TylerD wrote:
Still dont buy it. Don't care who says it, where its printed. MS is not gonna lose money. A buncha silicon chips costs $360 to produce? Not likely. Prolly paying some Malaysian $0.47 cents an hour to put the chips together.


they make enough money on the Games to make up for the money they lose on the consoles. say they make $15 on every game they sell, it would only require 4 games to make up for the amount they lost on the consoles. and how many games do you have?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 26 Aug 2005
Posts: 5784
Location: Shh, I'm hiding
Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, interesting. Maybe that's why MS decided to stick with a DVD format.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lee Woo Jin
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja


Joined: 24 Aug 2005
Posts: 906
Location: NY


PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryu_Hayabusa wrote:
Yeah, you're right about that. But what would you do if you were the head chief of a big company?


I wouldnt lose money on hardware. Which is where I'm coming from.


And rumor has it that even if standard DVD is used at launch, that it may be replaced by HD DVD later in the game. I wouldn't put it past them either.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Daemon_Maior
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja


Joined: 12 Aug 2005
Posts: 2820
Location: The Abyssal Throne of darkness


PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TylerD wrote:
Ryu_Hayabusa wrote:
Yeah, you're right about that. But what would you do if you were the head chief of a big company?

I wouldnt lose money on hardware.


people think heavier on sudden big costs, like a console. "a console is about $300," that sounds better than "a console is about $400", and they both sound worst than "A game is about $50, A game is about $50, A game is about $50, A game is about $50, A game is about $50, A game is about $50, A game is about $50, A game is about $50."
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 26 Aug 2005
Posts: 5784
Location: Shh, I'm hiding
Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the next gen games are going to cost about 60 bucks now?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lee Woo Jin
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja


Joined: 24 Aug 2005
Posts: 906
Location: NY


PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daemon_Maior wrote:
TylerD wrote:
Ryu_Hayabusa wrote:
Yeah, you're right about that. But what would you do if you were the head chief of a big company?

I wouldnt lose money on hardware.


people think heavier on sudden big costs, like a console. "a console is about $300," that sounds better than "a console is about $400", and they both sound worst than "A game is about $50, A game is about $50, A game is about $50, A game is about $50, A game is about $50, A game is about $50, A game is about $50, A game is about $50."


Aaand that has what to do with gaining/losing money on the hardware.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 11145
Location: The Netherlands

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabotage wrote:
I thought the next gen games are going to cost about 60 bucks now?


I believe the one exception is Perfect Dark Zero, which will only be 50 or so.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 26 Aug 2005
Posts: 5784
Location: Shh, I'm hiding
Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I see. Meh, PDZ doesn't look that interesting to me. I still think Perfect Dark for the N64 is overrated. I'll rent PDZ but I seriously doubt I'll purchase it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Daemon_Maior
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja


Joined: 12 Aug 2005
Posts: 2820
Location: The Abyssal Throne of darkness


PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TylerD wrote:
Daemon_Maior wrote:
TylerD wrote:
Ryu_Hayabusa wrote:
Yeah, you're right about that. But what would you do if you were the head chief of a big company?

I wouldnt lose money on hardware.


people think heavier on sudden big costs, like a console. "a console is about $300," that sounds better than "a console is about $400", and they both sound worst than "A game is about $50, A game is about $50, A game is about $50, A game is about $50, A game is about $50, A game is about $50, A game is about $50, A game is about $50."


Aaand that has what to do with gaining/losing money on the hardware.


it excplains why the Hardware has to be as cheap as possible.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Lee Woo Jin
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja


Joined: 24 Aug 2005
Posts: 906
Location: NY


PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daemon_Maior wrote:
TylerD wrote:
Daemon_Maior wrote:
TylerD wrote:
Ryu_Hayabusa wrote:
Yeah, you're right about that. But what would you do if you were the head chief of a big company?

I wouldnt lose money on hardware.


people think heavier on sudden big costs, like a console. "a console is about $300," that sounds better than "a console is about $400", and they both sound worst than "A game is about $50, A game is about $50, A game is about $50, A game is about $50, A game is about $50, A game is about $50, A game is about $50, A game is about $50."


Aaand that has what to do with gaining/losing money on the hardware.


it excplains why the Hardware has to be as cheap as possible.


Well, if so maybe thats why MS released the core system, to be able to say that they released it at $300. But everyone knows it's a freaking joke. If they dont mind losing money, why doesnt the Core system come with a wireless controller as promised? Why doesn't it come with a memory card? Ok, so they saved the hard drive for the premium, give the core system a memory card, so people can save their games for crissakes. Ya know why? Because they won't lose money. That's why they're releasing this joke of a package called the Core system.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Daemon_Maior
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja


Joined: 12 Aug 2005
Posts: 2820
Location: The Abyssal Throne of darkness


PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so they won't lose any more money.

BTW, you're not trying to deny this, are you? it's been confirmed.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Lee Woo Jin
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja


Joined: 24 Aug 2005
Posts: 906
Location: NY


PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daemon_Maior wrote:
so they won't lose any more money.

BTW, you're not trying to deny this, are you? it's been confirmed.



You say buzzwords like ' confirmed '. WTF does that mean. Confirmed by who? Unless you visit MS headquarters or talk to Itagaki first hand in Japanese, what is ' confirmed ', really. The major vg websites change their stories every 5 seconds, refuting themselves. If it's been ' confirmed ', give the link to the story. And even then, they may be mistaken.

But nvm, I'm not here to argue with ya. I'm here to discuss NG. Peace. Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Daemon_Maior
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja


Joined: 12 Aug 2005
Posts: 2820
Location: The Abyssal Throne of darkness


PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And also, Mocrosoft has been losing money on the X-Box ever since it came out.

but enough about this
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group