ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

who plays ZSNES?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PsYcHOSIS
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that was the first turn based RPG i played
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsYcHOSIS wrote:
that was the first turn based RPG i played

Too bad it was the only product we saw as a result from Squaresoft/Nintendo.
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daemon_Maior wrote:
sabotage wrote:
For some reason, I can't play old school games. They're just too ugly and simplistic. I do know that in their time, I loved them. But now in this day and age with games with their nice graphics and deep gameplay, I just can't find a old school game that can keep me interested for longer than 10 minutes. I know that might sound shallow, but do keep in mind I do TRY to play old school games. I just always end up popping in one of this generation of games and messing around with that instead.

A friend of mine has the same thing. he just can't play anything that goes before the N64.

You youngins are lucky like that. When I was a kid, all we had was that stuff. Nes, SNES, Genesis.
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here. The Nes was a cool thing *remembers SMB1 and 3*
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryu_Hayabusa wrote:
Same here. The Nes was a cool thing *remembers SMB1 and 3*

Mm. I played Castlevania in a local bowling alley and had to have one for my birthday in 86, shortly after it came out. it was the shizzle back then. When Snes came out, I already had a Genesis, which was in for awhile, with Revenge of Shinobi and stuff like that. I ended up selling both those off and getting a Super Nintendo. Traded that, got a 64. Traded that, got a PS, with RE and FF7 and stuff. Well I'll stop now, but yeah I never owned an Atari so being able to play vg at home on the NES was like a damn miracle at the time. The gamer gets a lot more value nowadays... with online reviews and such. Back in 86-87 you:

a) blind bought almost everything with little access to good reviews
b) everything was $50, for like 2 years before sale price, for games that could be beaten in one evening
c) if you dl them today they're like 80-200 kb each. Like nothing.

But yeah, there were even then a few genius games.
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen to that.
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which is why I cant see these people crying about games going up to $60. I mean, what you get for the money is so much more outrageous nowadays, games take months to go through, and go on sale faster. They're also widely rented and sold used. What I can see is crying about is X360 price pointing.

Last edited by Lee Woo Jin on Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TylerD wrote:
Which is why I cant see these people crying about games going up to $60. I mean, what you get for the money is so much more outrageous nowadays, games take months to go through, and go on sale faster. They're also widely rented and sold used. What I can see is crying about X360 price pointing.

Yeah, but developers now take longer to make a game, which increases the price a little. Doesn't bother me that much though.
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryu_Hayabusa wrote:
TylerD wrote:
Which is why I cant see these people crying about games going up to $60. I mean, what you get for the money is so much more outrageous nowadays, games take months to go through, and go on sale faster. They're also widely rented and sold used. What I can see is crying about X360 price pointing.

Yeah, but developers now take longer to make a game, which increases the price a little. Doesn't bother me that much though.

Longer dev period= better game. Necessary evil. EXCEPT for stuff like Bethesda's Call of Cthulhu. Why set up a release date 15 times and then puch it back each and every tiem for 5 years, just messing with the fan base. Makes no sense! Unless you are gonna release it absolutely, stop posting release dates.
Daemon_Maior
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TylerD wrote:
Longer dev period= better game. Necessary evil. EXCEPT for stuff like Bethesda's Call of Cthulhu. Why set up a release date 15 times and then puch it back each and every tiem for 5 years, just messing with the fan base. Makes no sense! Unless you are gonna release it absolutely, stop posting release dates.

as much as I agreew ith you,, I'd rather have them take another 5 years, than that they rush a game for the release.
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daemon_Maior wrote:
TylerD wrote:

as much as I agreew ith you,, I'd rather have them take another 5 years, than that they rush a game for the release.

Reread the beginning of my post. Longer dev=better game. And I'm not saying anything should be rushed. I'm saying don't give a release date until you're sure you can release it on that date.
Lee Woo Jin
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit, double post.
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TylerD wrote:
Daemon_Maior wrote:
TylerD wrote:

Reread the beginning of my post. Longer dev=better game. And I'm not saying anything should be rushed. I'm saying don't give a release date until you're sure you can release it on that date.

Maybe that's why Stalker takes forever (and while I'm at it, Duke Nukem Forever too).
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can't really blame trade-ins and Rentals for increased game prices though, rental companies pay much more to get a copy then a retail store, and most people would assume pay the extra 5 dollars and get the case and instruction booklet. Doom 3 took forever and while the game may of had good graphics ir wasn't all that fun to play. Fable was delayed for ever and not everyone liked that game(I loved it) Neutral

rockin' MS paint
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on the gamer. I enjoyed Doom 3, as well as its expansion, Ressurrection of Evil.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: