ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

anyone seen Final Fantasy VII Advent Children?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Movies, Music, TV shows, and Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The story is just... stupid.

[Spoilers]

3 Random white hair guys are chilling in a valley. They see Cloud. They chase Cloud. They fight Cloud. They leave. Cloud finds them at their 'hideoout'. They fight. Cloud leaves the battle. The 3 guys attack Midgar and Cloud and gang fight Bahamut, whose purpose in the movie just seems to be for 'fan service'. Cloud goes Superman-like and kills Bahamut. Cloud chases the 3 guys on a motorcycle. High speed chase ensues and then a high speed fight scene on motorcycles happens. (Obviously, this is awesome...)2 of the random guys 'die'. Cloud continues chasing down final random guy. They fight for awhile. Cloud is about to beat him until random guy changes into 'Sephiroth'. Fan service battle. Cloud beats 'Sephiroth' who turns back into random guy. He dies. Cloud get's shot by the still living-but-barely-hanging-on-to-life other random guys. Cloud apparently dies but it's not his time yet so he is sent back. Cloud makes children bathe in a pool of water with him because it'll cure them of their never-really-fully-explained-disease-that-just-seems-to-happen-to-
random-people-but-children-seem-to-be-most-likely-to-get-it. Movie ends.

If it wasn't for the insanely badass fight scenes the movie would've sucked.
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabotage wrote:
The story is just... stupid.

[Spoilers]

3 Random white hair guys are chilling in a valley. They see Cloud. They chase Cloud. They fight Cloud. They leave. Cloud finds them at their 'hideoout'. They fight. Cloud leaves the battle. The 3 guys attack Midgar and Cloud and gang fight Bahamut, whose purpose in the movie just seems to be for 'fan service'. Cloud goes Superman-like and kills Bahamut. Cloud chases the 3 guys on a motorcycle. High speed chase ensues and then a high speed fight scene on motorcycles happens. (Obviously, this is awesome...)2 of the random guys 'die'. Cloud continues chasing down final random guy. They fight for awhile. Cloud is about to beat him until random guy changes into 'Sephiroth'. Fan service battle. Cloud beats 'Sephiroth' who turns back into random guy. He dies. Cloud get's shot by the still living-but-barely-hanging-on-to-life other random guys. Cloud apparently dies but it's not his time yet so he is sent back. Cloud makes children bathe in a pool of water with him because it'll cure them of their never-really-fully-explained-disease-that-just-seems-to-happen-to-
random-people-but-children-seem-to-be-most-likely-to-get-it. Movie ends.

If it wasn't for the insanely badass fight scenes the movie would've sucked.

True, the 3 dudes just came out of nowhere
Spiritual Ninja
Spiritual Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it and enjoyed it, for the most part. Very gorgeous, aesthetically speaking. However, it did get to the point where I found myself thinking, "...oh, good, another fight scene..." Now, I know it's a fighting style game and it was impressive to watch, but it just seemed a tad repetitive to me by the end of it. That's my little review, anyways.

~Lusty
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what. I actually agree with you on the fight scenes. They did get repeatitive. Don't get me wrong, the fight scenes in FF7:AC are some of the best fight scenes I've ever seen in a action flick, but there wasn't any substance that spread them apart. It was like every 10 minutes there was another fight scene so I was just like you Lusty, they felt repeatitive to me as well. When the ending came I was a little dissapointed with the ending battle. Since you've already witnessed so many great fight scenes the final one just didn't have that ... hmm... what's the word I'm looking for here... 'climatic' maybe. Yea, the final one lacked that climatic feeling to it. It was just another fight.

[SPOILER]
Whenever Cloud and Sephiroth fight it should NEVER feel like 'another' fight scene. It should be THE fight scene. It should be the one you always remember. I feel the best fight scene was either Tifa vs random guy or Cloud vs. All 3 random guys at the Forsaken City or whatever it's called.My opinion of course.
Spiritual Ninja
Spiritual Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, definately, they were really well done. Just very repetitive lol! ^^;

~Lusty
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lusty wrote:
Oh, definately, they were really well done. Just very repetitive lol! ^^;

~Lusty

True about the repetitive part, but the final fight simply kicked so much ass it was a feast for the eyes.
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Miniaznguy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you people are missing the true point of Advent Children!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Movies, Music, TV shows, and Anime All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: