ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

System of a Down

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Movies, Music, TV shows, and Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aces_High
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: blitzkrieg047

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: System of a Down Reply with quote

I finally decided to give this band a try. But im confused about their music. All of their songs are so random and the vocals are weird. Or maybe i have untrue thoughts about their music, or maybe im confused.

Is this true metal? Do i have the wrong thoughts about metal?

At first i thought Lamb of God was true metal, but maybe thats death metal. Maybe im a death metal person because i really like Lamb of God's Ashes of the Wake. Now i question:

Why is S.O.A.D. so popular?
Ninja Of Chaos
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Location: In your imagination......yup, you are having visions of me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lamb of God is a disgrace to metal. SOAD is a much better metal band. However, if you want to listen to TRUE metal, listen to In Flames, Opeth and Children of Bodom
tccox123
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja Of Chaos wrote:
Lamb of God is a disgrace to metal. SOAD is a much better metal band. However, if you want to listen to TRUE metal, listen to In Flames, Opeth and Children of Bodom

Just out of curiousity, could you elaborate on why you think LoG is a disgrace to metal? System of a Down, imho, is not even metal at all. Its more of a jibberish......... well, yadda, blah, government stinks, yadda yadda yadda, rock sound. At least, thats what it sounds like to me.

In Flames is melodic death metal........ or at least they were until they released Reroute to Remain. After that, it's still good music, but its just nowhere near what they used to be.

Opeth. I'm a freak when it comes to Opeth. I still need to find that limited edition of Blackwater Park. They're my personal favorite band, with Nevermore right behind them.

Children of Bodom is good. I haven't got the new one yet, but if its like Hatecrew Deathroll I'll be happy.

Lamb of God has done some good stuff. They aren't the best metal out there, yet, they are far superior to the crap being shoved down peoples throats by MTV and radio stations.
Inverted.TwiZtah
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Trauma| SWE

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i love slipknot and you should too.
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do listen to children of bodom, well i think they are more of a death metal than Lamb of God, but i like them because of the techno like sounds they incorporate into their songs, to give it more of a feel.

Opeth is good until their songs start to slow down, then im kinda like "Meh..." then move onto the next song.

Now that i think about it SOAD is more of an alternative.
Quote:
Its more of a jibberish......... well, yadda, blah, government stinks, yadda yadda yadda, rock sound. At least, thats what it sounds like to me.

Thats what it sounds to me as well.

Ive never heard of Flames, but ill be sure to check them out.
tccox123
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The heavy parts of Opeth are my favorites but, to me, the slow stuff is where they really start to shine. Listen to the Damnation album. It might be a completely mellow album, but man has it got this evil vibe to it. I'm not talking about any Freddy Kruger evil. I mean like the evil a man can find in his own soul. Its a really nice creepy album.

If you end up getting anything by In Flames, check out Colony. I think thats their best album.

Oh, and don't worry about classification when it comes to metal. Too many people get caught up in the whole black, death, thrash, etc, etc. They lose track of the part that really matters: whether or not they like it. I see a lot of bands get bad mouthed because a person is worried about how the band is described. Just go with what you like.

Ummm.... What's slipknot got to do with anything here? MTV shoving it down the public's throat? I don't watch MTV anymore, so I've lost track of what they are feeding their sheep these days. I like slipknot alright, but don't love them. If you love them, then good for you. I'm glad you have a band you can get behind. To me, they're a nice fat wall of angry noise. Its fine every once in a while, but not something I'd listen to on a regular basis.
Inverted.TwiZtah
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in flames is nice and THEY ARE FROM SWEDEN.
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZaNN01 wrote:
in flames is nice and THEY ARE FROM SWEDEN.

Yeah, they are, and so are Opeth, and a great many other bands. Children of Bodom are from Finland unless I'm mistaken. In fact, most of my favorite bands are from that part of the world.
Ninja Of Chaos
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Location: In your imagination......yup, you are having visions of me.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tccox123 wrote:
Ninja Of Chaos wrote:

Just out of curiousity, could you elaborate on why you think LoG is a disgrace to metal? System of a Down, imho, is not even metal at all. Its more of a jibberish......... well, yadda, blah, government stinks, yadda yadda yadda, rock sound. At least, thats what it sounds like to me.

In Flames is melodic death metal........ or at least they were until they released Reroute to Remain. After that, it's still good music, but its just nowhere near what they used to be.

Opeth. I'm a freak when it comes to Opeth. I still need to find that limited edition of Blackwater Park. They're my personal favorite band, with Nevermore right behind them.

Children of Bodom is good. I haven't got the new one yet, but if its like Hatecrew Deathroll I'll be happy.

Lamb of God has done some good stuff. They aren't the best metal out there, yet, they are far superior to the crap being shoved down peoples throats by MTV and radio stations.

Their guitars blow chunks. Listen to In Flames or CoB's speed guitars, and then listen to LoG's. It makes me vomit how horrible they are.

How about the fact that their music is nothing special. It's just bland metal. It does not offer the changing tempo of IF or the vocals of CoB.

I would put them down there with Godsmack and the likes.
tccox123
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, to me, speed isn't everything. If I just want fast playing, then I know plenty of bands that offer it in spades. I'm glad they don't sound like In Flames or CoB. Otherwise, thats all they would be: some band that sounds like In Flames or CoB. But hey, thats me, although I wouldn't put them down on a level with Godsmack. Thats going a bit too far I think.
Aces_High
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, i think we have similar tastes T.
Xx_SoulEdge_xX

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

S.O.A.D sucks
JuaNma
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love slipknot, but slipknot is death metal (well at least most of their songs are like that) EX: Trhee nil....

metal: well.....not really sure,but slipknot has somwe not-so-strong songs so it could bne considerated.

rock: SOAD is a good light-hard rock.....

so in conclusion, IMO SLIPKNOT > SOAD in death metal

Metal: the oldie wins.

light-hard rock: SOAD > slipknot

Overall: SLIPKNOT > every band.
KirbyOnline
Common Ninja
Common Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OPETH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
OPETH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

every swedish metal bands rule and well slipknot is su-metal ( a thing mtv came up with about being the next generation metal ).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Movies, Music, TV shows, and Anime All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: