ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

whats your favourite band
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Movies, Music, TV shows, and Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Illmatic
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabotage wrote:
Illmatic wrote:
sabotage wrote:
Have you listened to all of the Makaveli albums?

Pac's discography is so huge I have not actaully heard every album from top to bottom. But nothing I've heard from Pac can lyrically compare to Illmatic, nor story-wise compare to songs like "I Gave You Power", "Undying Love", or "It Wasn't You".

The only Pac song I regard better than Nas is "96 Bonnie 'N Clyde" because of how well it tells his story and how it's completely metahporical. Yet, that song still kind of copies "I Gave you Power".

You haven't heard all of Pac's songs yet you still want to claim Nas is the best rapper? That's cool and all because it's your opinion but seriously, there ain't a rapper alive today that's anywhere near being as good as 2pac IMO nor will there ever be. The guy basically lived in the studio. He has sooo much unreleased stuff it's insane. One thing that sets him above everybody else is his flow. 2pac's voice had rhytym and it kept your attention. The emotion in his songs is expressed so well you truly feel what he's going through. It's almost impossible NOT to get attached to him. I can't say the same for Nas.

Well I've heard like at least 85% of Pac's stuff. Man, he's got like 500 songs, gimmie a break. Also I did say 2pac's emotion is way better than Nas'. And one of the strong criticizms is that Nas is a monotonous rapper. You're right that most of the time you can't get attached to Nas, but in songs I like Undying Love, and One Mic (The only song I can think of where he actually changes the tone of his voice, repeatedly) he really can outshine Pac. I'm not sayin every Nas song is better than Pac's, a lot of Pac's stuff is better than Nas. I just find a few Nas songs to outshine pac by a mile.

Also, Illmatic was better than any 2pac album. I don't mean better than all his songs, just album for album.

"I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death."
Lee Woo Jin
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slipknot does suck, haven't heard much Nas. Into The Servant right now, kinda like Oasis but with actual talent.
PhantoM_AssassiN
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StrongSiLeNcE wrote:
PhantoM_AssassiN wrote:
Ninja Of Chaos wrote:
PhantoM_AssassiN wrote:
StrongSiLeNcE wrote:
ZaNN01 wrote:
nothing is better than slipknot

Slipknot=a bad joke,horrible Laughing

Slipknot is the apidimy of all that is kick @$$ and don't correct my spelling if i spelled anything wrong \m/ Twisted Evil \m/

Having one-dimensional music, cheesy vocals, and some crappy lyrics doesn't add up to kick "@$$".

you should listen to them their crappy lyrics and one-dimensional music will fit your one dimensional mind....this isn't a musical debate Very Happy

If this isn't a debate, then why post your disagreement with us. Its our opinion. You have yours. Listen to what you are telling yourself first. Idea

i don't believe i ever said i disagreed with you i just said they are the apidimy of all that is kick as... i never said anything to contridict your opinion Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Aces_High
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: blitzkrieg047

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont like slipknot anymore, well i do, i just dont listen to them. Like ill go to their concerts and stuff, just not listen to them on my ipod.
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RAMMSTEIN Very Happy
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Location: In your imagination......yup, you are having visions of me.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantoM_AssassiN wrote:
Ninja Of Chaos wrote:
PhantoM_AssassiN wrote:
StrongSiLeNcE wrote:
ZaNN01 wrote:

Slipknot is the apidimy of all that is kick @$$ and don't correct my spelling if i spelled anything wrong \m/ Twisted Evil \m/

Having one-dimensional music, cheesy vocals, and some crappy lyrics doesn't add up to kick "@$$".

you should listen to them their crappy lyrics and one-dimensional music will fit your one dimensional mind....this isn't a musical debate Very Happy

Technically, if i don't like one dimensional music, how can my mind be one-dimensional?
Ninjilla
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe you like other one dimensional things like...dots
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Location: In your imagination......yup, you are having visions of me.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninjilla wrote:
maybe you like other one dimensional things like...dots

Dots rule!!!

NEVER try to bash dots!111!!1!one! Evil
StrongSiLeNcE
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PhantoM_AssassiN wrote:
StrongSiLeNcE wrote:
PhantoM_AssassiN wrote:
Ninja Of Chaos wrote:
PhantoM_AssassiN wrote:
StrongSiLeNcE wrote:
ZaNN01 wrote:

If this isn't a debate, then why post your disagreement with us. Its our opinion. You have yours. Listen to what you are telling yourself first. Idea

i don't believe i ever said i disagreed with you i just said they are the apidimy of all that is kick as... i never said anything to contridict your opinion Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

A debate is based off of peoples disagreements the last time I checked and you said there is no reason for a musical debate which would consist of your disagreement and mine!!! I can make it more technical if you want. Very Happy
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pimpnridesnrimz wrote:
tccox123 wrote:
In no particular order really, except the first two are somewhat interchangeable for my absolute favorite:

Opeth
Nevermore
Pantera
Down
Black Label Society
Alice in Chains
November's Doom
Porcupine Tree
Neurosis
Isis
Arcturus
Testament
In Flames (everything up until Reroute to Remain)
Metallica (Kill'em All - ...And Justice for All)

ive downloaded 7 of pantera's albums, and so why do all the songs sound the same?? they seriously need to interchange guitar cords, its more refreshing that way.

(disturbed is probably the best band of all time, check them out.)

[Note: Most of what follows is opinion. This means it will be disagreed with by some.]

Ok. First off: Pantera only has 5 original albums (unless you count the ones they did before they recruited Phil Anselmo). The other cds are a live performance and a greatest hits. Secondly, and don't take this the wrong way, do you play guitar? Have you ever looked at the actual structure of the playing that Dimebag did? I do and I have, and I can tell you now, its not AC/DC where there are only the same 3 chords on every single song. He uses the entire fretboard and changes up alot. One of the (arguably) top 5 guitar players for the past 30 years and everything he does sounds the same? Nope, don't think so. It's a tragedy he was murdered by that lunatic. Music lost one of its true sons on that day.

As for Disturbed, I've got their 3 cds and they are ok. I couldn't possibly call them the best band of all time (that would probably be Led Zepplin in my opinion). I'm more into metal anyway, and Disturbed feels more like rock to me. The vocals are good, and the rest is alright, but it isn't my favorite.

Slipknot: Well................. its better than Korn. I've got to give them that much.

On a closing note, I'd like to quote one of my favorite lyrics. "Music of rebellion makes you wanna rage But it's made by millionaires who are really twice your age" Porcupine Tree
PhantoM_AssassiN
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StrongSiLeNcE wrote:
PhantoM_AssassiN wrote:
StrongSiLeNcE wrote:
PhantoM_AssassiN wrote:
Ninja Of Chaos wrote:
PhantoM_AssassiN wrote:
StrongSiLeNcE wrote:
ZaNN01 wrote:

A debate is based off of peoples disagreements the last time I checked and you said there is no reason for a musical debate which would consist of your disagreement and mine!!! I can make it more technical if you want. Very Happy

yeah im sorry for that i suppose your right i respect your opinion and i have mine so can we get back on topic like everyone else is doing
M.C.E.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

Gamertag: MarkE1862

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote i liked Metallica as my favourite band when i also like The Beatles and Led Zepplin just as equal. Very Happy

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i202/SamStrife/DATAERRORsmall.gif
what?
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my is p.o.d
Lord_Sloth
Ninja Dog
Ninja Dog

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

High and Mighty Color or Two Mix.
Masquito
Expert Ninja
Expert Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slipknot kicks Booty Shake[ass] Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Movies, Music, TV shows, and Anime All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: