ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Does anyone know where I can find a Hp2 faq?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden / Hurricane Packs / Black
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tranquil_chaos
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Does anyone know where I can find a Hp2 faq? Reply with quote

I haven't really looked far for one, just IGN and a google search. If no one knows of one then I'll just make one myself after I finish the hp2.

btw I usually post at IGN and that's where I'll be making the faq if you guys wanna spot me.
VampireHorde
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was supposed to write one for the people at GameFAQS during the MNT #3 but I never got around to it because the FAQ I wrote for the HP1 was more than I could already stand.
I was going to have Saryah (the winner for MNT #3) be my co-writer but all he said was "download my HP2 vids and you won't need the HP2 FAQ", so that's why I never made one.

If you're gonna write one, I suggest you go as in-depth as you can. Write about the enemy order per Phase, the time limits per encounter, the items obtained per chest, the prices at Muramasa's statue, tips on getting higher Karma points, tips on defeating the new enemies in Phase 5, and definitely give killer strategies on how to defeat Neo-Alma and the Tentacled Ho'.

IMO, the HP2 FAQ would be too short for GameFAQS to accept but IGN will accept anything. Anyway, good luck, bro. You got my support. If you need my help with editing your FAQ, just ask.

Thumb
Tranquil_chaos
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh I will write about things like:
*What weapons to use at what time
*Certain techniques(like charging on landing and using ninpo defensively)
*New Enemies
*Enemies order per Phase
*Bosses and their lackys
*Stratagies for defeating them
*Chest Items
*Which chest to choose (right or left)
*Shop Prices and what you should buy
*And basically what I did to get the job done and why they work

But as for increasing karma points, I don't think I'll touch on that. I'm mostly making this faq for the people who are having a hard enough time surviving the HP2 like I am. This isn't for the hardcore gammers. It's for the gamers who just finally beat the HP1 and now want a piece of the HP2.

BTW I haven't finished the HP2, I just finally killed Neo Alma so I'm not clear on a stratagy for her yet. I was gonna watch more of the Saryah vids but the page isn't working.

*edit* I forgot say Thanks.

*edit* on second thought I think I will add the time limits per encounter. I mean it just looks neat to have them in the faq. I'm still not going to do karma tips though. I mean all I know is that intercepting, whoring ulti attacks, and stringing long combos give you karma.
Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tranquil_chaos wrote:
*edit* on second thought I think I will add the time limits per encounter. I mean it just looks neat to have them in the faq. I'm still not going to do karma tips though. I mean all I know is that intercepting, whoring ulti attacks, and stringing long combos give you karma.

That's one thing I didn't like. Repeatedly doing Ultimate Techniques doesn't seem as fun to me but it works. You get 5,000 for one UT and it kills enemies easily. You don't actually have to fight enemies. They should do something to make it more difficult in Ninja Gaiden Black.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
sneh
Greater Ninja
Greater Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe Outta insanity while waiting for NGB Im working on HP2 Vids Using No Elixirs , No Ninpo, No Armlets, No Items at all and still get time bonuses Smile . I Got Phase 1 - 4 done , Couldnt get Phase 5 done today hopefully tomorrow. Got nowhere to host them but if they are something anyone wants to see let me know , can figure something out.
VampireHorde
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me make a few suggestions so that you don't sound like a NG noobie in your FAQ:

--If anything, DO NOT write about things that people should already know (like charging when landing, if they don't know how to do that, then they shouldn't be playing HP2).

--When writing up on the enemy wave per Phase, I suggest you describe what to do per wave instead of saying how to defeat each enemy. Describe, in as much detail, how to defeat each wave within the time limit. With enemies relentlessly coming from left and right, you can't focus on one strategy per enemy.

--Try not to limit players with weapon selection. Let them use whatever weapon they want but explain to them the differences per weapon and give recommendations.

--As for boss fights, I suggest that you only give tips for the last two bosses in Phase 5. Everyone should already know how to beat the bosses in Phases 1-4 (but just remind them of what to do in case they forgot).

That's pretty much it. The rest you can go in as much detail as you want.

Remember! You are telling the people that read your FAQ how to beat the HP2 in their own way and not yours. Keep it unbiased and straightforward.
JuaNma
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also ppl arent idiots,they should know what to buy and that is accord THEIR essence,also try not to be a dictator...

hope this helps
Tranquil_chaos
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh vamp, I hear ya about the enemy strat thing. I'm just gonna write which enemies to dispatch first to make things easier. But when it gets to the demon knights I will be writing a short stratagy.

Also I will write about the things you should already know because I'm tryin to make it user friendly. I mean I'm sure there are some people out there that don't know those facts and I figure it'd be neat to tell them about it. It's a short list anyways. The idea behind my faq is that if people weren't ready for the Hp2 before then they should be ready after reading my faq, or come out as better ng players at the least.

And I will be more flexible with the weapons, explaining them all but I will still be giving them the prefered weapons.

Anyways yeh thanks for the advice and reminding me that my way isn't the only way.
JuaNma
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that makes completely no sence,but go ahead...
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My two cents:

Wait for Black and make a Mission Mode FAQ. Since it has HP2 too, and you can give more tips about the other missions and such.
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Wait for Black and make a Mission Mode FAQ. Since it has HP2 too, and you can give more tips about the other missions and such.

Na, I'll leave Black for the pros to do. I'm just doing the HP2 faq because it's short and it doesn't look like anyone else will be doing it.

Quote:
that makes completely no sence,but go ahead...

Heh, yeh I was kinda going back and forth my response.

Anyways I'm kinda stuck on what to name the enemies Hp2. Can any of you guys give me some names that you think all NG players would be familiar with? Or atleast names that you regs all agree on? So far I've got:

White Ninja
Black Ninja
Purple Ninja
Warlocks
White Officer
Black Officer
Soldier
Rocket Soldier
Neo Soldier
Neo Rocket Soldier
Zombie Soldier
Fiend Soldier
Large Bugs
Demon Knight
Catwomen
Wolverine Fiends
Pincer Fiends
Ogres

I'm only writing about the new ones and the ones that have been improved but still I need names for the old ones because I'm listing Enemies per wave. Saying black officer and white officer sounds silly in my head.

*edit* Oh yeh and 1 other thing. At some point (I forget which phase) you'll open a chest containing the TDS. Does this chess only appear after you get the DS up to Lv3?
VampireHorde
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are the names I gave most of the enemies for my HP1 FAQ:

White Ninja
Black Ninja = Black Spider ninja
Purple Ninja = Windmill Shuriken ninja (that's a new one)
Warlocks
White Officer = MSAT soldier
Black Officer = MSAT commander
Soldier = Armored Machine gun soldier
Rocket Soldier = Armored RPG soldier
Neo Soldier = Mecha-MSAT soldier
Neo Rocket Soldier = Mecha-RPG soldier
Zombie Soldier = Purple Zombie
Fiend Soldier = Soldier fiend
Large Bugs = Large dung beetles
Demon Knight = Hell Knight
Catwomen
Wolverine Fiends
Pincer Fiends = Wasp fiends
Ogres

Those are the names I would use if I were writing the FAQ. I don't know about you...
Tranquil_chaos
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright cool. I'll be making the adjustments.

But for the pincer fiends, I wasn't talking about the wasp. I was talking about the ones you see Rachel fighting off at the beginning of the HP2. They kinda looked like buffed out wolverine fiends. Ya wouldn't happen to know their names too would ya?
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tonsil Eye Fiend.... I dunno. They have their eye in their mouth so play off that.

Some quick suggestions:

Iris Mouth Fiend
"I watch myself eat" Fiend
Slider Fiends (They slide around a lot)

Damn... I don't know. The only thing that helps them stand out is their eye in their mouth and the fact they slide around alot.
Tranquil_chaos
Lesser Ninja
Lesser Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"I watch myself eat" Fiend

Haha. Well that's great an dall but I think listing them in the "Enemies per wave" like that would make things look messy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Ninja Gaiden / Hurricane Packs / Black All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: