ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

anyone else think that ryu is bad in DOAU
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
archwarrior
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know about u guys but i think that (wrestler, not lina) was the worst 1. hes slow and weak. muscles are for show. dumb as a brick.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja Of Chaos wrote:
It depends against who you are fighting. I personaly never lost control of a fight when playing with her. If somebody who is using Helena and is good with her, EVER gains advantage, you lost the match. You siply can't regain your position in the fight.

Also her moves are far from predictable. They might be if somebody who is unexperienced with her goes from animation to animation buttn presses, but if you get a person who can input comands before her animations are done, you will have one hell of a time beating that person.

And like i said before, she is extremely agile.

I consider her a top tier. For the simple reasons that she rewards the experienced player much more then any of the other characters of the game. She was miles better in DOA3.1 though.

I do fear that she might become overpowered in DOA4 now that there are guard brakes.

Like I said, Helena is only good if you can stay in control. If you lose it Helena just does not have a solid pressure move to allow her to zone and go back on the offensive. That's a serious flaw in her game IMO.

I think Helena is predicatable. Not sure if that's because my friend uses her and he's a pretty good Helena or not. Probably is because we played all the time. Gen Fu on the other hand is unpredicatable. Especially a good Gen Fu.

If you want a character that rewards the experienced player more I'd suggest Kasumi. She's definately aimed towards the more advanced players. She's my second character next to Ryu. She's better than Helena IMO. Better pokes, nice launchers, good stunners, teleport counter is always nice sometimes leading to a guaranteed launch, fastest character in the game, and shes has several priority moves. Hell the list goes on. Kasumi is very underrated.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Location: In your imagination......yup, you are having visions of me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabotage wrote:
Ninja Of Chaos wrote:
It depends against who you are fighting. I personaly never lost control of a fight when playing with her. If somebody who is using Helena and is good with her, EVER gains advantage, you lost the match. You siply can't regain your position in the fight.

Also her moves are far from predictable. They might be if somebody who is unexperienced with her goes from animation to animation buttn presses, but if you get a person who can input comands before her animations are done, you will have one hell of a time beating that person.

And like i said before, she is extremely agile.

I consider her a top tier. For the simple reasons that she rewards the experienced player much more then any of the other characters of the game. She was miles better in DOA3.1 though.

I do fear that she might become overpowered in DOA4 now that there are guard brakes.

Like I said, Helena is only good if you can stay in control. If you lose it Helena just does not have a solid pressure move to allow her to zone and go back on the offensive. That's a serious flaw in her game IMO.

I think Helena is predicatable. Not sure if that's because my friend uses her and he's a pretty good Helena or not. Probably is because we played all the time. Gen Fu on the other hand is unpredicatable. Especially a good Gen Fu.

If you want a character that rewards the experienced player more I'd suggest Kasumi. She's definately aimed towards the more advanced players. She's my second character next to Ryu. She's better than Helena IMO. Better pokes, nice launchers, good stunners, teleport counter is always nice sometimes leading to a guaranteed launch, fastest character in the game, and shes has several priority moves. Hell the list goes on. Kasumi is very underrated.

I think i addressed all of those in my previous post.

As far as Kasumi being the fastest, that will happen only when soebody fails to be good with Helena. If somebody can control her, she will remain in attack all the time (no recovery) and her attacks will be comming from every which side (speed). Also, Kasumi's possibilities seem limited. Every time i want to really get deep into her offensive i arrive at a choke point realy fast. Because there is not much depth.

Gen Fu is simply uncontrolable. Even though it's not at the lvl of Maxi from SC2, he still remainds me of him.
Ninjilla
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh heh, I kixked butt with maxi (no button mashing) lol, am I the only one?
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Trauma| SWE

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like kasumi for the reason she has those teleports and some hell of a fast
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZaNN01 wrote:
i like kasumi for the reason she has those teleports and some hell of a fast

If she attacks after that then it can catch you of guard quickly. But fast players can see this and attack their backside the moment she teleports in.
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Current fave: Hitomi

Prolly best: Helena

Most frustrating to fight: Gen Fu (high? mid? who knows!)

Most frustrating runner-up: Ein

New discovery: Hayate in DOA 3 is wicked badazzzz.

Twisted Evil
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just now discovered that Hayate was badass in DOA3? That cartwheel move of his was actually banned from tournament play until DOA 3.2 came out.

Last edited by sabotage on Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lee Woo Jin
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabotage wrote:
You just know discovered that Hayate was badass in DOA3? That cartwheel move of his was actually banned from tournament play until DOA 3.2 came out.

I hadn't used him. Just never came up until recently. He has skills up the yingyang. Some of Ryu's moves, some of Kasumi's, crazy jump kicks, everything. Twisted Evil
Ninjilla
Divine Ninja
Divine Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why was the Cartwheel banned? Whats so good about it?
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninjilla wrote:
Why was the Cartwheel banned? Whats so good about it?

Well, if you play DOA 3 original US version you can tell that the cartwheel prolly avoids 90% of attacks.
Edge AoM
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, is it worth playing Dead or Alive then? I haven't played a 3D fighter since VF2. It seems to me the Xbox pad might be decent for it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOA transitioned perfectly to the XBOX controller. Pick it up, it's a great fighting game.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which version would you recommend? DOAU or wait for Dead or Alive 4, since that movie of it looked pretty darn badass.

*gapes at Ryu arching his back PERFECTLY around a missile and wishes he could do that with the damned helicopter on MM*
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Location: In your imagination......yup, you are having visions of me.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edge AoM wrote:
Which version would you recommend? DOAU or wait for Dead or Alive 4, since that movie of it looked pretty darn badass.

*gapes at Ryu arching his back PERFECTLY around a missile and wishes he could do that with the damned helicopter on MM*

Wait for DOA4. They are adding a tone more to the series there.

And that trailer is old. Check out the new gameplay trailers over at gametrailers.com and gamespot.com.

I also have played the game. ^_^
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: