ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

X360 could follow DC's footsteps?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I was under the impression that one would handle everything aand as games got more advanced developers could start spreading to the other cores for the extra power.
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Location: In your imagination......yup, you are having visions of me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabotage wrote:
Wow, I was under the impression that one would handle everything aand as games got more advanced developers could start spreading to the other cores for the extra power.

They can do that if they want. They have no set path as to what they HAVE to do.
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which way would be more benficial though? Having each core work on something specific or spreading everything out?
Head Ninja
Head Ninja

Location: In your imagination......yup, you are having visions of me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sabotage wrote:
Which way would be more benficial though? Having each core work on something specific or spreading everything out?

Having each core work on specifics. That reduces bottlenecks by.............a heck of alot.

Imagine it. If you have one core devoted itself entirely to AI, only AI code will run through that PPU. Bottlenecks can happen because of the system ( each core has two threads so developers have to split their code) but they will mainly happen because of poor coding.

Now if you have one core working on both AI and structural physics, (Body) the two lines might mesh, and since now you are dealing with two threads that interlace, it will take sometime to figure WHY.

Although i suppose just throwing everything in there w/o specifics might be easier to program.
archwarrior
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninja of choas, u seems to know alot about this consoul much as i do. not just that but the code of conversion to blue-ray format is also very difficult to do. changing the light spectum from red to blue is not easy. i myself will be a future game designer soon.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja Of Chaos wrote:
Having each core work on specifics. That reduces bottlenecks by.............a heck of alot.

Imagine it. If you have one core devoted itself entirely to AI, only AI code will run through that PPU. Bottlenecks can happen because of the system ( each core has two threads so developers have to split their code) but they will mainly happen because of poor coding.

Now if you have one core working on both AI and structural physics, (Body) the two lines might mesh, and since now you are dealing with two threads that interlace, it will take sometime to figure WHY.

Although i suppose just throwing everything in there w/o specifics might be easier to program.

I see. Thanks for the explanation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: