ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

Xbox 360 Prices
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which package are you getting
Premium package
77%
 77%  [ 7 ]
Basic package
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not getting it or waiting awhile
22%
 22%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

Keylay
Legendary Ninja
Legendary Ninja

Gamertag: Keylay
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1) NGDS - The Eye of the Dragon (Amount: 1) NGS - Sigma (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Xbox 360 Prices Reply with quote

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/642/642633p1.html

August 17, 2005 - Confirming long-standing rumors of two different Xbox 360 set-ups, Microsoft today officially announced two price SKUs for the North American and European markets. The Redmond, WA. company will offer a premium system for $399.99 for the North American market, with a 399.99 euro pricing, and 279.99 pounds for Great Britain; and a core set-up for $299.99 in the U.S, a 299.99 euro pricing, with a 209.99 British MSRP.

Microsoft said it will announce Asian-market news at the Tokyo Game Show in mid-September. And it remains officially silent on a release date, confirming only that Microsoft is on target for "holiday launches" in all three territories. Since rumors regarding all Microsoft products have all panned out, IGN expects a fall ship date (November) for 360 in North America and Europe.

The premium, or the "Xbox 360" package ($399.99), is designed for the hardcore, HD-ready gamer, while the Xbox 360 Core System ($299.99) is your basic set-up.

The premium package contains an Xbox 360, a detachable 20-GB hard-drive, a wireless controller, faceplate, headset, a component HD AV cable, an Ethernet cable, and for a limited time, a remote controller.

The basic, or the "Core 360 System" set-up, is a stripped down affair in comparison. It includes an Xbox 360, one standard wire controller, a faceplate, and a standard AV cable. The $399 package is designed for the high-definition gaming era; the other is designed for a no-frills, current-gen set-up. Presumably both systems come with power cords, though Microsoft's press releases didn't actually include them.

Taking into account that a memory card ($39.99 U.S./?34.99/22.99) is required for saving games, a headset ($19.99 U.S./?19.99/14.99) is necessary for Xbox Live play, a second controller sells for $39.99 (?34.99/24.99), and a remote goes for $29.99 (?29.99/19.99), totaling $130, the premium price appears the better deal. The above tally doesn't include a MS HD, which costs an additional $99 (totaling $229).

Microsoft's Vice President Peter Moore explained the company learned through extensive research that gamers and consumers wanted choice above all other things.

"We've learned gamers want choice," explained a confident Moore. "We really believe in the early-going that the Xbox 360 package will be the majority of purchases. It's huge value for the money at $399, with a hard-drive, with wireless controllers, with HD cables, and you get high definition right out of the box, and there will be content loaded on the hard-drive, high definition videos included, and you will be immediately able to see HD broadcast."

IGN's Editors responded to Microsoft's announcements.

"I think a lot of people will take a look at the $399 price tag for the 'complete' package and balk a bit, but it's actually a great deal in the end. The headset and HD AV pack would cost upwards of $50, even if you bought cheap third-party versions of them. Add in the hard drive that you'd have to purchase separately from the core system, plus a wireless controller and you've got a great package deal, certainly better than any retailers would have put together themselves. Many people will need all this stuff anyway, so Microsoft is actually cutting everyone a deal.

"The major problem I have with the whole thing is the lack of a hard drive in the core system. Sony's optional hard drive was a complete failure from a support standpoint, and while I'm sure the Xbox 360 will see much stronger support for its drive, not every developer will be willing to spend extra time and money to support something that may or may not be there.

"I'll obviously be picking up the full, $399 version myself. I've already got a bit of cash down on one, so now I just need to make sure they've got me in the computer for the right system.

"I do find it funny that Microsoft is listing a faceplate as part of each package. That's like selling a car and advertising that it includes a hood."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Daemon_Maior
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's a nice price. $400 = 325.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: xWizzardx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely the premium system, I am probably gonna purchase at least 2 games at launch, in addition to one more controller.
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna wait for a few months, I mean my Xbox is still good and functional and all.
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

Gamertag: Trauma| SWE

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im gonna wait till there is a good chip out and till the price falls.
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats exaxctly what my other dad said...now ill have to work at video game store for 7$ the day...
Illmatic
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait. Only the good version has a hard drive, that is crap. I'm definitely gonna have to wait untill the premium version drops. Which will probably be when the PS3 is released
JuaNma
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

then use the one in ur xbox..i think it might work...it says "detachaable" so i think that the premiun can be detachaable...or whatever
Inverted.TwiZtah
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i hope so cause you dont need a biger hd than the usual 8 gb i think.
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ryu_Hayabusa wrote:
I'm gonna wait for a few months, I mean my Xbox is still good and functional and all.

Same here. I'll pick up a X360 when Gears of War ships.
Inverted.TwiZtah
Dragon Ninja
Dragon Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im gonna buy a 200 gb hd for 50 instead of a 20 gb for 100 .
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZaNN01 wrote:
im gonna buy a 200 gb hd for 50 instead of a 20 gb for 100 .

You modder! Razz
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Illmatic wrote:
Wait. Only the good version has a hard drive, that is crap. I'm definitely gonna have to wait untill the premium version drops. Which will probably be when the PS3 is released

Dude, I'm doing the exact same thing. Twisted Evil Werd.
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll wait for it to drop in price anyway Razz
Runaway Ninja
Runaway Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean think about it tho... do we really need to save games? I think it's expendable. And apparently M$ felt the same way... by giving us the option to not be able to save our games. I say ' go core system!!! '

PSYCH! Twisted Evil

Cause remember... the gamers wanted options, and M$ listened. Oh yes they did! Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: