ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in   

who has preordered XBox360
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 11145
Location: The Netherlands

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, when someone mentions Xbox360, there's always a person who starts about the PS3. If you want to talk about it, start a topic about it. But don't go littering other topics about it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 26 Aug 2005
Posts: 5784
Location: Shh, I'm hiding
Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm... wow, I must live under a rock or something because I didn't even know Resident Evil 5 was announced until I was snooping around GameSpot. Laughing

Looks pretty cool. I really liked RE4's new focus on gameplay. It definitely reinvented the RE series. I wonder what chances they're going to take with RE5?

Another X360 game that has me going 'Wow, looks fun' is 99 Nights. Or something like that. It's basically a Dynasty Warriors rip-off but the combat system looks to have a lot of depth and flash. I saw a vid where a character pulled off a 1,200 hit combo! Insane. Bodies were flying everywhere and the main character's dance of death was just awesome to witness. The grace in her movements was seriously poetry in motion. The amount of people onscreen was crazy too. My guess is easily 1,000 on screen at once. This seriously looks like a game you could play for hours and not get bored just because it's just one massive blood orgy. (That's if the combat is deep, if it's your standard hack n' slash affair then this game will get bored quickly. Judging by the video though it looked like there might be a deep combo system. Here's to hoping.)

PDZ of course looks fun. Best reloading animations I've ever seen in a shooter. Period.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 11145
Location: The Netherlands

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you seen the co-op mode in PDZ? Looked VERY SWEET.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 26 Aug 2005
Posts: 5784
Location: Shh, I'm hiding
Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ya, definitely. I'm a little relieved to see PDZ looking good now. After Kameo and Grabbed by the Ghoulies I was starting to think Rare lost their touch.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 11145
Location: The Netherlands

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it is true: that this is going to be for 360 what Halo was for Xbox.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 26 Aug 2005
Posts: 5784
Location: Shh, I'm hiding
Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno.... those are mighty big shoes to fill. Halo was THE reason for owning a XBOX. If you own a XBOX and don't have Halo you should be slapped. That's seriously like buying a Nintendo console and not having a Mario game.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 11145
Location: The Netherlands

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start slapping me then. I used to have it, but I didn't like it. The reason for me to own Xbox was first Dino Crisis 3 (I know, slap me again, but the game is cool) and ultimately Ninja Gaiden.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 26 Aug 2005
Posts: 5784
Location: Shh, I'm hiding
Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I can't really say much to you... I didn't actually buy an XBOX until Ninja Gaiden came out... But my brother got an XBOX the day it came out and all we played was Halo for like 3 years straight with our buds. We'd have a LAN every weekend. Man, ithose were always fun. Especially when we would put money on the line.

We still LAN but our games of choice are now Halo CE and Unreal Championship 2. We just jump between these 2 games like every other hour. No one wants to put their money on the line when they play me in UC2 though... chickens. Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JuaNma
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja


Joined: 12 Aug 2005
Posts: 761
Location: somewhere


PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Papickett wrote:
Sephiroth wrote:
Quote:
good idea never the less. i am waiting for a price drop the ps3 sucks and the revalution is okay apart from its childish games



dark ninja do u even know wtf are u talking about? the ps3 isnt even out if u cant figure that out,did u even see the e3 ps3 expo? no? then shut up, ps3 engine is twuice as powerfull with the cell prosesor,if havent noticed, sony is the own-ass japanese company who has triumphed in many products,INCLUIDING consoles, u cant say that ps3 sucks and that 360 rocks,simply because its not out, if u keep talking of what u dont even know then do urself a favour and go away.


Whoa Whoa Whoa! Slow down there Smokey.
A few things you should know:
-We haven't seen a "real" PS3 game. All of the trailers that have been shown are pre-rendered meaning that you won't see the same visuals in the game. Even MGS4 was pre-rendered. There have been no playable demos at all.
-It will be nowhere near twice as powerful as the 360. The only people that I have heard the "twice as powerful" crap is from Sony and fanboys who don't look further into the situation.
-It really seems that you are doing the exact same thing that you are attacking him for, "Rabid Fanboyism"

This is what I was talking about in my earlier post. Sony has really got alot of people fooled.

Sephiroth wrote:
about piracy. " heh, im gonna spend 60$ for a bad-unpolished game, but hey,its microsoft, our console god!,we gotta buy high products,we all live in a rich country, 200+ countrys can just buy it, heh, they will have no food,but hey, a microsoft console, the god ". not 6000 million ppl can buy that, if they espect me to buy such things at such price then they can F*ck bill gates, if bill gates cares about anything then go with him, im gonna find the cheap way.


WTF was that about?
I have nothing else to say in response to that.

Sephiroth wrote:
damn it pisses me off ppl like u that dont see the facts straigth


It pisses me off when people are pissed off at people who don't get the facts straight even though they didn't even get the facts straight either.

Sephiroth wrote:
sincerely i dont want to start a flame-war


But you just did.


im not a fanboy,and it has been confirmed,go buy a cell procesor.

i am getting my facts straight.

mgs4 was ps2 rendered from i heard,go see it at gamespot

im not starting a flame war, a flame war is when 2 or more ppl start to argue for lots of ofensing post. oh, and i am being the most good-guy i cant, most of things ppl say are completely irrelevant to the topic, incluiding the ps3 dicussion.

Quote:
dunno.... those are mighty big shoes to fill. Halo was THE reason for owning a XBOX. If you own a XBOX and don't have Halo you should be slapped. That's seriously like buying a Nintendo console and not having a Mario game.


sabotage,thats irrelevant to this topic, focus on the topic or i will report u.

anyway TylerD stop saying how bad is / will be a console, if u want to do so,then feel free to express, but talk why it sucks.

im out of this topic.
_________________
I`m Back Very Happy!, No Wait,i`m Not.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 26 Aug 2005
Posts: 5784
Location: Shh, I'm hiding
Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sephiroth wrote:
sabotage,thats irrelevant to this topic, focus on the topic or i will report u.



.... Laughing Ooookay. Whatever you say there Dudley Do-Right.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 11145
Location: The Netherlands

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as there aren't any solid results which you can show me about the specs seph, then I remain sceptical. Hearing the fact that developers turn their backs to the PS3 also says something.

But I'm not gonna discuss this here. This is a preorder topic, not a goddamn consolewar.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 26 Aug 2005
Posts: 5784
Location: Shh, I'm hiding
Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually... speaking of which. I did try to go preorder a XBOX360 and I'm not sure if it's different where ya'll live but here the price went up for the Premium package. It's almost $400 bucks now.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
blackninja
Superior Ninja
Superior Ninja


Joined: 20 Sep 2005
Posts: 551
Location: Norway
Gamertag: AreErKul
NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard that it's much cheeper in japan, is this true?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger
Ryu_Hayabusa
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 11145
Location: The Netherlands

NG - Emblem (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno, we got to pay almost as much as the Americans, so I doubt it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
sabotage
Shadow Ninja
Shadow Ninja


Joined: 26 Aug 2005
Posts: 5784
Location: Shh, I'm hiding
Gamertag: Critical sideFX
NG - Emblem (Amount: 1) NGB - Master (Amount: 1)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is true. MS is trying to bribe the Japanese market. The don't want to fail there like they did with the XBOX.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ninja Fortress Forum Index -> Videogames General Board All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group